I have been working hard on new features and GUI enhancements for Cloud Explorer 6.0. I think it is important for an application to improve over time and this project has seen it’s share of visual evolutions. If you look back at the 1.0 release, the changes are night and day. I enjoy the challenge of making this program look pretty for each major release and hope that the users find it to be good. This release uses many free-licenses images and GPL images found in the KDE Desktop Environment.
If you like to test this early release, please create an issue on GitHub and I will provide a release candidate. I can always can use help in testing. You can also build the latest version of CloudExplorer yourself. The expected release date for 6.0 is July 22, 2015.
1. Fixed a bug when switching accounts.
2. If no region is specified, it will default to “defaultAWS” to
avoid a null pointer exception. To resolve the issue, delete and
add your account back.
3. If no image is selected when the image button is pressed, nothing
4. If no music is selected when the play button is pressed, nothing
5. Support for line spaces in s3.config
6. Versioning display fix.
1. Snapshots and Migration are now located under the new menu
“Snapshots and Migration”.
2. New Icons for GUI.
3. Maximize Window.
4. For improved GUI responsiveness, many actions now avoid
1. Create Bucket snapshots.
2. Restore Bucket snapshots.