I was always fascinated with distributed filesystems and wanted to learn more about Gluster since it is becoming more popular in larger open-source projects. Since I have a few Raspberry Pi’s, I thought that now is the best time to learn. This blog post will explain how to run Gluster on a two-node Raspberry Pi cluster from a Docker container.
- Two Raspberry Pi’s (rpi-1 and rpi-2)
- Running a Gluster image from a local Docker registry
- Hostnames are resolvable in /etc/hosts on both Pi’s
- Docker 1.12.x installed
Continue reading Running a Gluster Cluster on the Raspberry Pi with Docker
My previous post was about using Cloud Explorer with the Scality S3 server. After I published that post, I thought it would be informative to go one step further and explain how I use the S3 server in homeduction (applications run at home in production). My homeduction environment consists of four Raspberry Pi’s running Docker that power this WordPress blog and many other applications . My goal is to add an S3 server to store the images for this blog and anything else that I can come up with.
Continue reading Using the Scality S3 Server in Homeduction
I have been working hard on new features and GUI enhancements for Cloud Explorer 6.0. I think it is important for an application to improve over time and this project has seen it’s share of visual evolutions. If you look back at the 1.0 release, the changes are night and day. I enjoy the challenge of making this program look pretty for each major release and hope that the users find it to be good. This release uses many free-licenses images and GPL images found in the KDE Desktop Environment.
Getting Cloud Explorer
Cloud Explorer is available for download from here.
Upgrading to 6.0
Starting with Cloud Explorer 5.0 or later, you can upgrade by clicking on Help -> Check for updates. After the update is complete, restart Cloud Explorer.
1. Fixed a bug when switching accounts.
2. If no region is specified, it will default to “defaultAWS” to
avoid a null pointer exception. To resolve the issue, delete and
add your account back.
3. If no image is selected when the image button is pressed, nothing
4. If no music is selected when the play button is pressed, nothing
5. Support for line spaces in s3.config
6. Versioning display fix.
1. Snapshots and Migration are now located under the new menu
“Snapshots and Migration”.
2. New Icons for GUI.
3. Maximize Window.
4. For improved GUI responsiveness, many actions now avoid
1. Create Bucket snapshots.
2. Restore Bucket snapshots.