I finally got OpenStack installed correctly after struggling with their documentation and the guides online. I wanted to share these steps with the everyone to ease the pain.
1. Install Epel Repo
rpm -Uvh remi-release-6*.rpm epel-release-6*.rpm
2. Enable IP forwarding in /etc/sysctl.conf
# sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
3. Disable SELINUX in /etc/selinux/config
4. Flush firewall rules
# iptables -F
# service iptables save
5. Install MySQL and GIT
# yum -y install mysql mysql-server git
# service mysqld start
#chkconfig mysqld on
6. Set the root password for MYSQL
# mysqladmin -u root password sql
7. Download Packstack
# git clone –recursive https://github.com/stackforge/packstack.git -b folsom
8. Generate Answers file
python ./bin/packstack –gen-answer-file=ans.txt
9. Ensure that the OS has two NICS. If not, add a virtual NIC.
10. Modify ans.txt and have eth1 replaced with your secondary NIC to be used as the private network. (If your second NIC is eth1, no change is needed)
11. Modify ans.txt and change the MySQL password.
12. Run Packstack
# python ./bin/packstack –answer-file=ans.txt
When it is finished, you will see the filename containing the login credentials for the website.
13. Login the web interface: